This is an outline/checklist of the required base configuration and optional features an Administrator needs to configure before launching your recognition program.
Good to know
- The base program must already be created by your Sales Manager prior to using this list. The base setup covers:
- Company short name
- Recognition program name
- Domain name
- Hierarchy type
- Primary Administrator account creation
- Financial Reward on/off
- Perks on/off
- Service Awards on/off
- Feature availability depends on program tier: Entry, Pro, or Global
- To change tiers, contact your Account Manager
- Some items will require setup assistance from your IT department
- Your Account Manager has best practices documentation and numerous poster designs, which can be re-branded at no charge for your pre- and post-launch communications
Required Base Configuration
Login to your Administrator account - all configuration and ongoing management of your program will be done from the admin portal.
Note: The URL for the Administrative system is the same as the recognition program, but with '/admin' at the end
All programs require the following minimum configuration:
- Add your support email or URL for program queries (added under System Settings)
- Add/Edit/Remove Administrators - Initially, there is only the Primary Administrator on the account
- Branding - Company logo, graphics, colors
- Recognition settings & Company Values
- Department mapping to Reporting Groups
- Add your employee data and flag your Directors
You will only need to configure the optional features that will be used by your specific program.
- Add a Company Message
- Add any Company Documents
- If you are using Financial Rewards for recognition, setup your Float account and add your Financial Budgets
- In addition to using Redemption Cards, you can offer Payroll Transfers and Client Reward (SWAG) Catalog
- Configure Perks and add Perk Token budgets
- Set up Birthdays
- Add your Service Awards (Anniversaries)
- Add Company Awards
- Configure Expenses
- Set up Workstars TV
Your IT department will only need to configure the features that will be used by your specific program.
- Whitelist key domains
- Whitelist your program URL: xxxxxx.workstars.com
- Whitelist the Workstars email domain: @mailer.workstars.com
- Whitelist our video guide URL: loom.com (if your firewall restricts external links)
Pro or Global
Prepare for Launch
Once the program is configured and ready to go, send communications and Launch.
- Set your pre-launch communication plan (teasers, posters, manager training, etc)
- Set your post-launch communications plan (increase registration, celebrate early adopters, etc)
- Launch the recognition program
Note: DO NOT click Launch until your scheduled launch date, as clicking Launch will immediately send out Invitation emails to every employee you put in the system
Please sign in to leave a comment.