With Workstars TV, you can display the most recent wall entries on any screen in your office. It’s an easy way to promote your recognitions and share activity with your employees (especially if they are not "desk based", e.g. warehouse/factory workers).
How do I set it up?
- Login to your Workstars administrator account (must be the primary account or technical user)
- Click on Settings at the top
- Then click Workstars TV from the left-hand menu
- Click the Get Started button
- Follow the wizard to generate a URL
- Click the copy icon to copy the URL to your clipboard
If your TV/monitor includes a built in browser
- Simply paste the URL into the browser
- We recommend that you set the URL as the browsers home page. This make its easier to get going again after the TV is turned off/on.
If your TV/monitor doesn't have a built in browser
- You need to connect a PC to your screen with a suitable browser installed (e.g. Edge or Chrome)
- Then paste the URL into the browser
- We recommend that you set the URL as the browsers home page and configure the browser to start when the PC boots. This make its easier to get going again after the TV is turned off/on.
If you want embed the data in your own system
Why cant I see new posts immediately?
This is because we cache the response for 5 minutes to help with performance.
Why am I being blocked?
If you access a URL with the wrong token (the random part after /tv/) too many times, you will be blocked for 10 minutes. This is for security reasons and is usually because you are using an old URL or you have copied it incorrectly.
Why am I being throttled?
If you access URL more than 60 times in a minute you will be temporarily blocked.
- This is once every second, which is enough to have it embedded in a web page (intranet, sharepoint, etc.). If you have a lot of traffic to your site you might hit this limit, in this case you should build your own integration which caches the response for 5 minutes.
- If you are using the URL in a script, we suggest you only access it once every 5 minutes as the responses are cached anyway