With this integration you can automatically post your wall entries into a Microsoft Teams channel. Below is an example of what a post looks like in Microsoft Teams for an individual recognition:
Step 1 - Create a custom integration in Teams
- Login to your Office 365 account as an administrator
- Either select the Teams icon or open the App Launcher (click the 9 dots in the top left corner) and select Teams
- If you are asked to use the “Windows App” or the “Web App” please select the “Use the web app instead” option
- On the left hand menu, click the Teams icon
- Expand the team you want to use and select the channel (e.g. General) you want to post the entries into
- Click the 3 dots and select Connectors
- If this is the first time you are setting up an “Incoming Webhook”, scroll down the list until you find “Incoming Webhook” and click the Add button followed by the Install button
- If you already have the “Incoming Webhook” connector installed, select the Configure button
- Enter a name (e.g. Workstars or your program name)
- Click the Upload Image button and select an appropriate icon
- Click the Create button
- Scroll down and copy the Webhook URL and save it somewhere for later
- Click the Done button
Step 2 - Configure and enable the integration
- Login to your Workstars administrator account (must be the primary account or technical user)
- Click on Settings at the top
- Then click Integrations from the left-hand menu
- Select Teams
- In the Webhook URL box enter the value you saved from Step 1
- If you are running in a country with multiple languages please select the language you would like to post in. Please note that this only applies to the general content (e.g. “has been recognised by”) as the person making the recognition can enter the reason in any language. If in doubt set it to ‘English’
- To enable the integration we need to test the connection. Click the Enable button and we will post a test message.
- Login to Teams and view the appropriate group, there should be a post that says “This message was sent to test the connection”
- If you cannot see the message, click No and contact Support
- If everything is OK click Yes to enable the integration
The integration is now setup and any new wall posts should also be posted into Microsoft Teams. You can view what is happening by viewing the Integration Log.
How do I disable the integration?
In the Workstars administration portal, go to Settings then Integrations and select the integration. Click the Disconnect button and confirm.
How do I change the settings (e.g. the account its connected to, channel it posts to, etc.)?
To ensure the setup works correctly it is not possible to change settings, please disable the integration and start again (see Step 1).
Please sign in to leave a comment.