With this integration you can automatically post your wall entries into a Yammer feed. Below is an example of what a post looks like in Yammer for an individual recognition:
When adding an integration to Yammer, the connection is made via a Yammer user account rather than the system, which means:
- the post will come from that user (which could be confusing)
- if the user leaves and their Yammer account is deleted, your integration will stop working
We recommend that you setup a new Yammer user:
- must be a Group Admin
- name it accordingly (e.g. in the above example screenshot we added a user called “Employee Recognition”)
- you can also add a profile picture which can help show your employees that the post is from your recognition program rather than a normal user
Step 1 - Connect to your Yammer account and authorise
- Before you start we suggest you logout of Yammer (and Office 365 if applicable)
- Login to your Workstars administrator account (must be the primary account or technical user)
- Click on Settings at the top
- Then click Integrations from the left-hand menu
- Select Yammer
- Click the Connect button to begin
- If you are not already logged in you should be redirected to a Yammer login page
- Login with the account you want to use (i.e. the one you created above)
- The account must be a group admin with permission to add an app
- Contact your Yammer administrator if you need assistance
- You will be asked to authorise access to your account. Click the Allow button.
Step 2 - Configure and enable the integration
- If all goes well and you authorised our connection request, you should be redirected back to our integration setup page
- If you want to post to the “All Company” feed leave the ID field blank. However, if you want to post to a specific feed, please enter the appropriate ID (it is approximately a 9-digit number).
- To get the ID, click the group and look in the browsers URL bar, the ID is the value after "feedId".
- You can also visit https://www.yammer.com/api/v1/groups.json (you must be logged in as the group admin)
- If you can't find the ID, please ask your Yammer administrator for assistance.
- If you are running in a country with multiple languages, please select the language you would like to post in. Please note that this only applies to the general content (e.g. “has been recognised by”) as the person making the recognition can enter the reason in any language. If in doubt set it to ‘English’.
- To enable the integration, we need to test the connection. Click the Enable button and we will post a test message to either the “All Company” feed or the feed you specified.
- Login to Yammer and view the appropriate feed, there should be a post that says “This message was sent to test the connection”
- If you cannot see the message, click No and contact Support
- If everything is OK click Yes to enable the integration
The integration is now setup and any new wall posts should also be posted into Yammer. You can view what is happening by viewing the Integration Log.
I get an error “You do not have permission to make an Announcement in this group.”
This is because the user you have used to connect the account does not have appropriate permissions to post an announcement to a group. Please ensure that the user is a Group Admin.
I get an "Unknown Error “
Check that the feed ID you have entered is correct.
How do I disable the integration?
In the Workstars administration portal, go to Settings then Integrations and select the integration. Click the Disconnect button and confirm.
How do I change the settings (e.g. the account its connected to, channel it posts to, etc.)?
To ensure the setup works correctly it is not possible to change settings, please disable the integration and start again (see Step 1).