On the 22nd June 2022, Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer 11 (IE 11). For the last 12 months, we have been slowly reducing support for IE 11 and have seen little to no impact to our customers.
However, after reviewing our logs we found that IE11 is still heavily used with Workstars TV URL's. To give you time to migrate to a newer browser, Workstars TV URL's will continue to work with IE 11 until 1st January 2023.
This document covers the following topics:
Why are we making this change?
There are several reasons:
- Maintaining support for old browsers (that use old rendering engines) is expensive and time consuming. They are much slower than modern browsers and prevent us from using new features to improve the user experience.
- Now that Microsoft has stopped supporting IE 11, it is no longer receiving any security updates. This increases its security risks considerably.
What do I have to do?
If you are using Workstars TV:
- Find out where you are displaying it (e.g. office, warehouse, factory, etc.)
- Check with your IT team to see if Internet Explorer 11 is being used
- If it is, please ask them to update to a modern browser (i.e. Microsoft Edge or Chrome)
If you are not using Workstars TV:
No changes are required
How do I know if I'm using Workstars TV?
- Login to your administration portal
- Click Settings in the top right
- On the left hand menu, select Workstars TV
- If you see a URL, you are using Workstars TV
Article is closed for comments.